On the 1st of Jan 2010, I travelled thousand miles from home and landed on the LAND OF BUERGERS.
16 hours of flight is really very very tiring. The leg space is so limited. I cant even stretch my legs straight. *Secretly, I think my blood cant move from the legs back to the heart or vice versa*. However, overall I am quite satisfied with the service of China Airlines. Guess what, the announcement on plane actually comes in 闽南语too. Woah! A typical Taiwan airline. My flight transited at Taipei, and the security check is pretty tight over there. Shoes need to be removed, and there is body search too. Nevertheless, Stewardess are pretty and elegant. Secretly, I want to be part of them. *Girl's fantasy* Food on the plane is pretty ok too! Though towards the end of the flight, I just lost the appetite to eat. Talked to one of the stewardess for a while, and apparently, there is shopping taxes for things sold in California, but not at New York. Darn. That means shopping at New York is cheaper. **Sis, so, yeap, not so much money to get the 2 LEVI's Jeans as requested by you**
Upon reaching LA, I jumped onto a shuttle van and headed to Riverside. On the same van, there is this cute, kind old couple. The driver sent the couple back to their home first. And well, their house looks very nice, with lotsa greens. Indeed, US is in a way quite different from Malaysia/ Singapore.
1. Driver drives on the left side.
2. Residential areas just look so different. No HDB, no high rise building. Just spacious house with big backyard.
3. Roads are much wider.
4. The trees around look different too. Not like the usual trees that you find at tropical country.
5. The mountain looks different too. It is not in lush green colour, but it is sorta brownish.
My first meal in US is CARLS JUNIORS. and yeap, the food is not any cheaper. 5 dollars for a combo meal. Well, the portion is so big that I cant finish it. Can split it into 2 meals. When I look around, there are many fast food chains. SERIOUSLY, I will be fat in no time.
A point to note. The time here is 16 hours later than the time in Singapore/Msia.
Time to sleep. Gotta explore RIVERSIDE tml.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
First Post from the land of BURGERS
Posted by Haloha at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
not 20 hours?
actually...there are taxes on all items sold in USA...just not for those sold online ;)
Post a Comment