Seriously, NUS school campus is nothing as compared to UCR school campus. The school is surrounded by mountains. Along the roads in the campus there are many different kind of trees with leaves of different colour. Students walk, cycle, roller skate, skateboard in school. The not-so-frequent shuttle bus seems to lead to this myriad range of mode of transport. Walking to school in the morning is a totally different experience. You gotta enjoy the cold weather, gotta look at the people around you, gotta slowly enjoy the school's scenery. All the buildings in school has names, which personally I think it is more creative than NUS. The buildings here have names like Pierce Hall, Spieth Hall, Rivera Library, The Commons etc. Not to mentioned the landmark of Riverside, the BELL TOWER. It stands grandly at the middle of the school, at the busiest spot of the school. During lunch time, students from every corner of the school will gather here to enjoy their meals or just simply laze around near the bell tower. The bell tower rings every hour. This is so OLD SCHOOL! Back to the times where we have school bells.
Went to the Campus Store(ie. Co-op)to have a look. I was pretty surprised by the large range of UCR merchandise. Seriously, the Campus Store is 3 times of NUS Co-op. For jacket itself, I bet they have about 10 designs. Not to mention all the other merchandise, such as t shirts, files, mugs, photo frames, badge, flags etc.
I also attended one lecture today on professional development of Engineers. The classrooms have black boards and left-handed desk. The lecturer used to be an engineer working for DUPONT. I didnt really enjoyed the lectures though. The whole class seems to know each other and yeap, felt kinda left out. Never mind. Probably I should try to be more friendly next time. Haha. There is no lecture note, no tutorial questions for the first lecture. It was just him, the lecturer, rambling around. For this module, we need to interview an engineer, write your career plan etc. Hopefullly I wont do too badly for this module!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Awesome school campus
Posted by Haloha at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment