When the light is dim, curtain is down, the performance is over but it is definitely not the end of our journey.
1030pm, 18th March 2009. That marks the end of Amplitude 2009.
It has been a long journey. It wasnt a smooth journey, but it is definitely a memorable one.
From the first moment when I was 'arrowed" to be in charge of Amplitude 2009, everything just seems to be so foreign. Everything needs to be in place. I have the resposibility to make it happen.
When the choir just not up to standard, I start to panic. I count myself lucky that at the end of the day, I would safely say that our performance is of satisfactory standard. I totally agree with Jit-Vern. Believe it or not. Eusoffians do have the magical touch. When we are up on the stage, we will convince people that we are the best. We have the energy.
Sometimes, I am really amazed by music. Music makes people laugh, makes people cry (Just like how our "white Xmas" made a woman cried. She misses the snow at her hometown.). Music also brings people from different country and different culture together. We do not need to speak in same language, yet, we are bonded. We sing together as a group, as a family. We enjoy the friendship. This experience is definitely a very important part of my Univerity life here.
Not to forget our newly formed Aca group, "Lonely Seven". I was pretty surprised when I was asked to join the group. I am such a newbie in Acapella singing. Thanks Wenlin, XianYong, Jit-Vern, Kelvin, Tee Hong and Handy for your kind patience. It is really great to sing with you all. As of why we are called "lonelly seven"?? Haha...Because all of us are single and available. This names popped out because we spent the first few hours of our valentines practising, with no dates :( We always joke that if one of us get attached, he /she needs to "graudate" from "Lonely Seven" and formed his/her "Attached Seven".
This journey wouldnt be the same without these people:
Handy (Totally amazed by the way you lead us. I would say 90% of what we have achieved is due to your effort. You are definitely one of the reasons why choir is where it is now. Ok. I shall leave the 10% to other comm member.)
Jit-Vern (I guess I really bugged you a lot on all the Admin stuff for Amplitude? Thanks for forming "Lonely Seven" too)
Choir Main Comm
The energetic and passionate WeiJun, Ferninda, XianYong, HuiYing
And. Not to forget, every single one of you all in Eusoff Choir.
Next up should be my reflection for this event.
Time to study!!!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Post-Amplitude 2009
Posted by Haloha at 1:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment